1. Protect and Weatherproof! The most efficient HEATING AND COOLING system in the world can not offset a poorly protected house. Drafty windows and door seals and under-insulated attics and exterior walls can trigger your COOLING AND HEATING to work double-time trying to keep up.
2. Not all heating, ventilation as well as cooling (HVAC) equipment is equal. As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to heating and air conditioning. So making clever choices about your house's COOLING AND HEATING system could have a large result on your energy expenses-- as well as your comfort.
3. Heating and air conditioning prices make up virtually half the house's overall energy bill. If your air conditioning device is more than 10 years old, replacing it with an ENERGY STAR ® certified, high-efficiency model could reduce your air conditioning expenses by 30 percent.
4. ENERGY STAR certified central air conditioners have a greater seasonal energy performance ratio (SEER) than typical versions, that makes them concerning 14% much more efficient compared to basic models. The greater the SEER, the higher the efficiency. Given that sizing as well as proper installment of a central air system are essential to power effectiveness and residence comfort, it is important to work with a qualified professional.
5. Heat pumps that get the Smart Energy Savers Program have a higher seasonal power efficiency proportion (SEER) and heating seasonal efficiency variable (HSPF) compared to typical designs, makings them regarding 8% percent more efficient than conventional brand-new versions and also 20% extra reliable than what you may currently have in your house.
6. Natural gas heating systems receiving refunds have annual gas usage efficiency (AFUE) rankings of 92%, or higher, making them up to 15% more reliable compared to basic versions. One in four furnaces in UNITED STATE houses today is more than 20 years old. Qualifying natural gas heaters make use of advanced technology to supply higher performance than typical brand-new heaters readily available today.
7. High-efficiency heating and cooling devices qualified for the BGE rebate satisfy or surpass the United States Epa's ENERGY STAR ® demands for product effectiveness.
8. When is it time to change your main heating and air conditioning system?
When your tools requires frequent fixings as well as your energy expenses are boosting.
When your heatpump or air conditioner is more than Ten Years old. Consider changing it with a more recent, much more power effective equipment that fulfills the Smart Energy Savers Program refund efficiency degrees
When your furnace is greater than 15 years old. Consider changing it with a newer, a lot more energy-efficient furnace that fulfills the Smart Energy Savers Program rebate performance levels.
9. Although these items can be much more pricey to purchase in advance, the cost distinction will certainly be paid back with more info time through reduced power expenses. Make certain to ask your professional concerning Smart Energy Savers Program Heating & Cooling Discounts which can dramatically help reduce the difference in rate between conventional and also high-efficiency products.
10. Appropriate upkeep could go a long way in preventing future cooling and heating system troubles. Ask your contractor regarding yearly pre-season exams. Contractors typically obtain really active throughout summer and winter season, so it's a great idea to examine the air conditioning system in the springtime and also the heating system in the fall.